Thursday, April 21, 2011

Can't Seem to Prove my Love

I am engaged to a man twenty years older than me. We met at a place I worked for a Very Short time and he was a Regular (Big NO-NO!), Recently Divorced, and 21 Years Older me, Claimed to be Adorable but was Yet To Be Proven. Too Aggressive and a Little too Obnoxious. I mean Really, I'm not usually impressed by someone claiming to have all of these feelings so soon without even knowing me. SO, I said NO, and NO, and NO! I had never met someone so persistent! He never gave up. It was annoying!!!! I really thought he was CRAZY! And Arrogant. A Yuppie. Not my type!!! NO WAY!!

Then, after Countless Nights of Him Continuing to Confess his Feelings for Me to Everyone at the Place. I started thinking it was kinda sweet. Such persistence, as if each time was the first time he was asking. Never becoming discouraged by all of my refusals, I found myself starting to Wear Down! All those obnoxious things for me and I started to think maybe he really does like me. SO, he asked me to have a drink with him and this time I hesitated. What's the harm in one drink? Now, here we are a year later and we are engaged. It has been far from easy and there have been many obstacles along the way.

Neither of us really thought we would develop the feelings we have for each other now, in the beginning and so we didn't realize the challenges we would face. We have come so far from where we were but it's never easy. He wonders if I will still love him when I'm 37 and he's 58. I reassure him that nothing is going to change and that I will always love him. Sometimes, I feel like there is nothing I can do to show him how much he means to me. Like he will never truly believe that I will stay. It's frustrating! Does it really matter how much you love someone if they can't tell that you do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment