Thursday, April 28, 2011

No More Antidepressants

About this time last year, I was going through a lot of changes.  After a tough breakup, my job ending, and making the decision to agree to the shared parenting proposal my ex was requesting, I felt more alone that ever.  I had never lived alone up until this point and it just seemed as if my entire world was crumbling around me.  I decided to make an appointment to get on an antidepressant.  I took this pill for just about six weeks and was beginning to see results. However, when it came time to refill the prescription I started to have some doubts.  I knew that if I were to continue to take this antidepressant that the chances of me NEEDING to take it forever would be great.  I have always had strong opinions regarding doctors and their readiness to prescribe a pill for just about everything.  This began as a child when I regularly pretended to be sick to get out of going to school.  My mom would take me to the doctor and you would be surprised the diagnosis' they would come up with.  Once, I was told I had ulcers without any tests being performed to confirm.  This is just one example.

After a lot of thought and talking with a friend, I was told about Noni-Fruit.  After doing my research, I became convinced that this was the route for me.  After reading all of the positives regarding Noni-fruit, I was very confident that it was worth a try.  I stopped taking my antidepressant and instead began taking Noni-fruit three times daily.  I combined this with yoga and exercise and in a couple of weeks, saw dramatic results with no side effects.  Now, this is not the proper way to do it.  It can be harmful to discontinue use of an antidepressant after you have been on it for a long time and you should definitely consult with your doctor before making such a decision but I hadn't been on the pill for very long and am a bit stubborn at times.


I have included some information from Steven Hall M.D., of the state of Washington who is also a Noni user.  I thought it important to include this because I am not an expert.  I only can attest to what Noni has done for me.  

'Not only does noni provide many benefits on its own, but it also increases the effectiveness of other treatments.' He has found that 'noni is incredible because it offers help to people who could not be helped by traditional medical science.'

'Increased effectiveness and an alternative treatment to drugs are just two of the reasons that noni is such a valuable herb. Hall's results were consistent with the previously reported positive response from 78 percent of noni users. Noni also has the following characteristics:

'Noni works synergistically with other food supplements and/or medications.'

'Noni probably helps with prevention, and works optimally in conjunction with other antioxidants.'

'Noni helps animals heal faster
.'

'Dr. Schechter, director of the Natural Healing Institute in California, reports that there has been a wealth of information supporting the traditional uses and health benefits of noni. His work supports what the Kahunas (traditional healers in Hawaii) have known and used beneficially for thousands of years. He confirmed in an interview that the positive results obtained by physicians using noni were consistent with the results obtained by naturopathic clinicians. Dr. Schechter has treated hundreds of patients with noni and has been very impressed with the variety of illnesses that responded to noni.'

'The following gives a synopsis of some important data concerning Dr. Schechter's clinical investigations:


'Noni stimulates the production of T-cells in the immune system. T-cells play a pivotal role in fighting disease.'


'Noni acts to enhance the immune system involving macrophages and/or lymphocytes, which are a vital part of your body's natural defenses.'


'Noni has been shown to combat many types of bacteria.'


'Noni has unique anti-pain effects.'


'Noni inhibits precancer function and the growth of cancer tumors by allowing abnormal cells to function more normally.'


'Dr. Schechter states, 'As a clinical therapist, I have seen noni generate significant, even profound, therapeutic benefits for both prevention and self-help of a wide range of health problems.'


'From Dr. Schechter's list and from the information provided by the other professionals with whom I communicated, I have determined the primary application categories, which are discussed in the following overview. Though there are many other valuable uses of noni, as the charts show, only those with the most support have been included.'


'Actually, noni has over a hundred primary and secondary applications. This booklet will focus mainly on the primary uses. Noni is invaluable as a healing herb because of the following functions, which will all be discussed in more detail:


'Increases body energy.


Alleviates pain.


Acts as anti-inflammatory and anti-histaminic agent.


Has antibacterial properties that can protect against digestive and heart damage.


Works with melatonin and serotonin to help regulate sleep, temperature and mood cycles.

Inhibits precancer function and growth of cancer tumors.'

'The following table contains statistical analysis of the data, including both primary and secondary applications, that I obtained from surveying more than 50 doctors and other health professionals who had taken noni and/or given it to over 10,000 patients. It depicts the number of people who drank noni juice for 23 different conditions, the percentage that were helped, and the primary active components (PAC) believed to be involved. It is my belief that although the PAC is the major component, it is the total blend of all natural ingredients that result in noni's optimal health benefits.'


'Conditions helped with Noni: # of users: % helped: probable active Noni compound:


Allergy, decreased symptons 948 84% Xeronine

Anti-Aging, Look Better 148 78% Terpene
Arthritis, Lessened symptoms 719 81% Terpene
Breathing, Improved 2,854 77% Xeronine
Cancer, Lessened symptoms 889 65% Xeronine
Depression, Lessened symptoms 807 77% Xeronine
Diabetes, Types I and II 2,773 84% Scopoletin
Digestion Improved 1,593 89% Xeronine
Energy Increased 8,327 92% Xeronine
Fuzzy thinking, helped clear 373 88% Xeronine
Heart Disease, Decreased symptoms 1,123 80% Xeronine
High Blood Pressure, Decreased 938 85% Scopoletin
Kidney Health Improved 2,372 67% Xeronine
Mental Acuity, Increased Alertness 2,983 72% Xeronine
Muscle, Increased Body-building 816 71% Protein
Obesity, Lost excess weight 2,841 75% Xeronine
Pain, including headaches, decreased 4,231 88% Xeronine
Sexuality, Enhanced enjoyment 1,608 87% Xeronine
Sleep, Improved 1,231 73% Xeronine
Smoking, Stopped 452 58% Xeronine
Stress, Helped cope with 4,113 72% Xeronine
Stroke 1,019 57% Xeronine
Well Being, Increased feeling of 4,561 80% Xeronine''

Morinda contains healthful phytonutrients that are unique to the Morinda plant. It also contains appreciable amounts of the precursor of xeronine which works at the molecular level to repair damaged cells.


Many people using morinda have reported that it is helping to clear type II diabetes and arthritis.


Many users of Morinda report that it is amazingly effective but that it works gradually over a period of several months. About 25% of Morinda users report benefits within a few weeks. About half report benefits within 2 months.


The fruit powder can be encapsulated, or stirred into tea.


After reading this information, I decided that it would be crazy not to give this a try.  I am glad I made the decision.  You can purchase this at a health food store or you can buy it direct and make your own capsules for a cheaper price.  You can also mix it in a smoothie or make tea with it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment